The Town of Millsboro Is... Involved in Lifelong Learning
Indian River School District
- Teaching is progressive, using computers in innovative ways.
- Students score well on assessment tests, with a high ratio of college placements.
- District operates 7 elementary schools, 2 middle schools, 2 high schools, and 2 special schools.
- Two new high schools soon to be built.
A new library
- Six institutions of higher learning are in Sussex County, all within a 30-minute drive.
- New state of the art public library has computers for reference and Internet access, children's reading room and summer reading programs.
Exploring our past
- Active retirees meet at Indian River Senior Center in Millsboro, Oak Orchard Community Center, Gumboro Community Center, and the Pyle Center near Dagsboro.
- Local museums and historic sites reflect our cultural diversity.
- Region enjoys deep cultural roots, from Native Americans to early settlers from Europe, Africa, and more recently, Central America.